Teresa joins us again for those that are interested in cloth diapering… to show us step by step how to actually put on a cloth diaper.
Related Article: Cloth Diapers! Are They The Right Choice For You?
This is how to put on a cloth diaper made of a prefold and a waterproof cover with Velcro fastenings.
There are other ways to fold the prefold but this is the one I use and I haven’t needed to adopt any other methods. There’s a one step adjustment for babies when they are smaller in relation to the size of the prefold which I will cover at the end.
- Lay out the diaper cover with the prefold laid flat on top.*
2. Fold the bottom corners of the prefold in.
3. Bring the bottom of the prefold up.
4. Pull the left and right corners from the back to meet the fold at the front.
5. Secure each side with a Snappy and pull the third claw to make it form a Y.
6. Close the waterproof cover over the prefold.
8. Make sure to tuck in any part of the prefold that may be showing to prevent leaks.
The prefold is showing, this will leak.
Everything tucked in.
*After step two, fold a margin of whatever makes sense from the top to help the prefold fit the size of the baby, and to hold everything in!
A happy cloth diapered baby!
There you have it! Leave any questions in the comments below!
Blog Post Suggestions
Find out just what your going to need in your diaper bag and get your Free Diaper Bag Checklist! You don't have a diaper bag yet? No problem I give you advice on picking the perfect diaper bag and...
Bathing Basics Learning how to bathe baby isn't too hard when you have a helping hand to guide you. So to start off you should know daily bathing is not necessary until your baby is on all...